Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chaucer Can Suck It....

Hello whoever is reading this. I’ve decided that I’m gonna try this new thing where I actually use my blog since my mom asked me about it a while ago. I told her I didn’t have time. So sue me. I still don’t have time but I’d rather write my thoughts down right now instead of listening to my crazy teacher talk about Chaucer. Yay..... not.

So, here we go. I guess I’ll start with the very present thoughts and then go back in time.

I was driving to class today and this asshole decided to be a bitch. I guess it was because he was black and I was a white female and he couldn’t let me be in front of him. (More of my slight racist remarks later, there is a reason, I promise.) So I’m going down the highway and refusing to let him pass me on the right (one it’s illegal and two I was already going way faster than the posted speed limit and I hate when people are so goddamn impatient that they have to go even faster than everyone else.) Anyway, he finally cuts me off and starts weaving in and out of traffic because he’s pissed off and probably trying to kill anyone and everyone in his way. Who the fuck knows.....

On another note, I took a shower this morning, washed my hair. My hair is freaking crazy and has gotten more so the older I get. I haven’t done much damage to it either. But my mother has fine, thin, stick straight hair and my father has thick, crazy curly hair. And then they had me. Yeah, it sucks butt on the best of days. I find that the layers of hair below my ear line are typically straight-ish and the layers on top have this completely random curl thing going on. Moving on....

Monday night I ate dinner at a restaurant called Longhorn Steakhouse. The service was impeccable, I never ran out of something to drink and the food came out promptly and hot. My fiance and I had little breaded and fried shrimp with ranch dip for an appetizer and it was delicious. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. For dinner I had an 8 oz steak (which I didn’t finish) and it was perfect. It was the best steak I’ve ever had. I also got mashed potatoes and french fries. Yes, I know, I’m a fatty. But I didn’t even eat the french fries, I just took them home with me. We also got a slice of key lime pie for dessert to go. We ate that way later that night and it was good too, slightly bitter but I have nothing to compare the taste to except Yopliat yogurt flavored key lime pie.

Sunday. Oh what can I say about Sunday. The day held such promise. My best friend and I were all set to go see her favorite musician of all time, Chris Cornell. He was playing at a club in DC that night. Well we had decided to leave earlyish and eat lunch in DC and maybe do a little sightseeing. Well stupid me, I decided to wear the most uncomfortable shoes that have a tendency of giving me absolutely no support and make my feet feel like they’re on fire. Not fun at all. I’m getting ahead of myself here. We get up around 9 a.m. and take showers and fix our hair and do our makeup. We were pumped and I was driving so that we’d get there in a reasonable amount of time because I’m a little speed demon and she goes the speed limit even though she’s two years older than me. So we arrive in DC, find the club and try to find out where I get my parking ticket (since the website told me to pick it up at the box office) and we were told we couldn’t get it until an hour before the doors opened. Well then. So we find a parking spot along 7th street (in a not so nice part of DC) and start walking to Hooters, where we had decided to have lunch. It was about 7 or 8 blocks away. Yippeeeeeee...... We had 4 hours to kill at this point. We finally get to Hooters and seated and the waitress comes over to get our drink orders, I ordered water and told her my BFF was in the bathroom. She was like ok, whatever and left. My BFF came back and I went to the bathroom. I cam back and we were trying to decide what to order. After we finally ordered, I noticed a couple of guys seated behind us. They received their food at least 10 minutes before us even though they arrived and ordered after we did. Hmmm. Then I saw our waitress chatting up a table about the menu. She didn’t do that with us... Maybe it was because they were black men and we were white females. Oh did I mention that all of the waitress were black? Yeah. So anyway, she visits the table maybe twice after the meal arrived to ask us how we were. Then I ran out of water. Ok, well I’l put it on the edge of the table to get refilled. I waited at least 10 minutes before she came over and refilled it. Then we finished eating and waited another 10 minutes for the check. Another 5 for her to pick up the check and then another 10 for her to bring the receipt. Fuck this shit. We both left less than 15% and left very upset. (They weren’t busy at all either. Waitresses had time to fucking sit down at the tables around us....)

We went further down into the nicer part of DC to visit the Smithsonian museum of Natural History. I made my BFF confront a T-Rex. She hates dinos... LOL. I got a picture of it and set it as my phone background. It makes me smile when I look at it.

Throughout all this wandering, we decided we wanted ice cream since it was warm and very nice outside. Cheap ice cream + poor college students = McDonald’s. So began our quest for the Mickey D’s. I told her my feet were killing me and I had to rest so we went to Starbucks and got crappy treatment again. So we finally get back to the car (it felt like 80 blocks) and drive to the nearest McDonald’s found with VZ Navigator. It was like 3 blocks away towards the club (in the sketch part of town again, I remind you.) We get there finally and I told my BFF I’d wait for her at one of the tables since the line was long, I had had Starbucks and my feet were still killing me. She waited in line forever, people who had come in after her got their food and were sitting down eating and she was still waiting for her freaking ice cream cone. Three people got ice cream and she finally caught the attention of a manager and told him that she had a vanilla cone. He handed it to her and left without saying a word. She walked over to the table and and was almost in tears she was so angry. We left and sat out in the car to wait out the time we had left till we could go to the club and park. Oh did I mention that she and I were the ONLY whites in there, not mention that we were females. Yeah, and they say racism isn’t alive in America. I’m sorry but maybe we were treated like that because blacks think they rule the country because the president is HALF black and they want to punish us like we punished them? Fuck that shit. I don’t treat anyone different because of the color of their skin. Racism is still present and white people aren’t the majority of the people who are discriminating anymore.

We finally end up back at the club and wait outside the doors for an hour (OMG my feet) and then we get inside and wait another hour (OMG my feet) and then the opening band comes on (OMG my feet and ears, they weren’t that good) and THEN we wait another hour before Chris comes on. In between that time, they’re playing songs through the speakers and this woman is singing behind me and she sounds like an off-key mouse and then she starts touching me and rubbing my back. OMG creepy. I started singing in my really bad annoying singing voice, making fun of her and she just keeps on touching me. UGH...............

Well Chris comes on and I’m feeling better and taking pictures and we’re all happy. He did some of his older songs too (which I’m not as familiar with) and I was kinda sad cause I didn’t know what was going on. I also started feeling really really bad since my feet still hurt, my knees were buckling. I though I was gonna faint. I told my BFF I was going to the bathroom quick. I just needed to sit for a second. I fought my way through the crowd, that was hell. And then I dreaded going back through that crap so I texted her and told I was going to the car and I’d wait for her out there. I felt so bad cause she had waited forever to see him and was having a good time and I was ruining it but she told me I wasn’t. Still didn’t stop me from feeling that way though. She ended up leaving the concert early to make sure I was ok even though I told her to stay. I felt, correction, still feel like crap for that. I only hope that it was almost over and she didn’t miss much.

So that’s what’s been going on with me these past couple of days. How’d your weekend go?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow baby girl, that does suck - the treatment I mean. I don't give a rat's ass what color you are, if you work in the food service industry then you should treat ALL customers the same way and not show preferential treatment based on the color of one's skin or whether or not they are "regular" customers, which those other folks may have been. Next time, complain to the manager and demand your meal be comped for the shitty treatment.

And when you go ANYWHERE that is going to require walking, always remember to keep a pair of ugly but comfy shoes in the back of the car for just such emergencies.

I'm sorry the concert wasn't all that and you had to deal with psycho bitch behind you who sings like your mom!

Carolee Hollenback said...

Hello there! I'm here because your mom said to check you out.

And we know we must listen to mother....

And now, I'll read the other post

The Miller said...

Haha, hello Carolee. Glad you stopped by.

Mom - I know I should have had comfy shoes. I suck. Now I know.

Callsign: Hitman Actual said...

Dude, I love this post. Sorry about the idiot weaving in and out of traffic though, that's rediculous. Was all this over the week?? That sux. At least we got to see each other over the weekend. I got assassinated over the weekend which really did suck. I'll tell you more on my blog if you actaully care to read it all. Its unfortunate. Really it is. Hope this week will be better!