Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Garden of Eden

The Moon’s motherly embrace protects
my roaming spirit as it flits
over the foggy dewgrass, as it skims
the placid tops of pregnant lakes

I dissolve into a different world,
an innocent world, a magical world,
untouched by the evils of Our world,
where sin and corruption do not breed,
a world left to the imagination of minds.

Jubilant flowers sing their love melodies
as my relieved spirit drifts by, and the trees,
they offer me their sweet succulent fruit,
the most delectable and pleasing to the eye,
while the wild tame creatures gather ‘round
to hear the chronicles of sorrow and regret,

it is here I am lost to my old ways,
left to live once again as a child
free from circumstance that kept me prisoner,
flourishing under the wind’s wise whisper,

which banished my crimson clouds,
dripping with blood of the lost, weary, tormented,
they depart, and cotton candy clouds replace them,
giving food to the children of this paradise,

and the children, the ones saved so early,
saved from the wicked world from whence I came,
they bask in His loving rays of forgiveness,
calling out to me, pleading with me,
for nothing but a taste of my world,

but I ignore their cries and refuse their pleas,
frightened of the horror which fills my memory,
only to protect them from their escaped destiny,

and then I feel the dearly departed grab at me,
pull me down, beseech me,
wanting me to tell of loved ones they left behind,

and my family and all the creatures I loved in life,
hug me with tears in their imploring eyes,
wanting only to feel me once more,

but suddenly my soul, seized with shock,
seeps back into the cold white hell,
greeted by the white walls and sterile smells
from which I escaped,
and a tiny anguished cry escapes my throat.

No comments: