Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Lioness

Where I live we worry about being attacked by an African Lioness. Apparently she escaped a local zoo and has managed to elude the authorities for over a month now. She’s one smart cookie. Now don’t think that I live out in the boonies where she would have plenty of empty land in which to hide. I live in the suburbs. Maybe 15 minutes away from a fairly large city. So my question is, why hasn’t she been caught yet? My theory is that either she’s too smart (I think I’ll name her Amy) or the authorities are really dumb. Maybe both, who knows? I have yet to see Amy though. I’ve seen video and pictures of her though. I’ll post any youtube videos I find for you. This one lady was on the news the other day saying that she thought it was her domestic lynx that’s been missing over a year. Yeah… I don’t think so lady. It’s pretty hard to tell a cat from a lion, I’ll tell you what. Maybe one day I’ll leave my house and get attacked by Amy and live to tell the tale. Maybe not. Either way, it’d be a pretty sweet way to die. I can just see the headlines now, “Local VCU students gets maimed by African Lioness’. Ahhh the fame!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don't make me tote a gun and go hunting lions in the wilderness of Richmond. And um, WTF have I been doing that I haven't heard this on the news? Oh, wait, I haven't been watching the news. See what happens when you don't watch the news? Your only daughter could get maimed and killed by an African Lioness and you would never know until the police come knocking on your door.

Yeah, now I really feel like crap.