Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ode to the Earthly Guardians

Hearken to my words
oh wise ones of North,

Join me now, if you please,
on this magical journey,

Lend me the strength
of ten thousand forests,
standing against all of the elements,

Lend me the determination
of your keepers, the dwarves,
carving beauty out of your bones,

Lend me the elegance
of a field of poppies,
turning their shining faces towards the sun,

Lend me the wisdom
of an owl, bold and true,
sharing his secrets with the Moon,

Lend me the sight
of a fox, small and cunning,
aware of all and scared of few,

Lend me the leadership
of a wolf, fierce and loving,
teaching young ones the ways of the pack,

And never shall I falter
with your guiding hand,

For you rest within my soul,
anchoring me to the Mother.

Blessed Be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is just beautiful hon. Very moving.